Blake and Yang + dancing
I'm slowly trying to ease my way into comics, but there's so many it's kind of like wtf where do I start. I've always been hesitant because it's something I feel like you have to know everything about and have to of read every single thing. What areyour top 5 favorite?
I know comics can feel intimidating because there are SO MANY and a lot of them have histories that go back through decades and decades of stories but you just have to start where you want to start! Fuck pretentious comic snobs who “you’re not a real fan if…” etc
That said - my top 5 characters/comics
- Batwoman - start with the Elegy volume, but her new 52 run (the current one) is also pretty good
- Wonder Woman - I recommend basically anything before the new 52 run lol. I know that’s a lot, but look for stuff written by Gail Simone, George Perez, or Greg Rucka
- Speaking of Gail Simone, I really love her and recommend all her books - Batgirl (although she just stopped writing Batgirl this last issue, but there’s still 34 issues from her), Red Sonja, The Movement, which was sadly cancelled
- I love Harley Quinn, and thankfully she has her own series right now, but it’s kinda stupid/goofy/sometimes fun - a lot of her stories have been collected in trades (volumes) as well
- This spot is a tie between Captain Marvel (the new, female one) and She-Hulk
Natalie Dormer photographed by Nick Kelly for Zink Magazine
On filming the ‘Purple Wedding’ with the cast
Here I am desperately trying to remember how to draw on a computer because drawing is not at all like riding a bike.
if it’s late enough and you’re lonely enough, the carly rae jepsen lyric “before you came into my life i missed you so bad” starts seeming increasingly deep and emotionally complex
3:02 AM and this fucking lyric looks like fucking nietzsche
stare into the abyss and the abyss will call you maybe
lookit these gays i love them so much